Posted by Kelstraud Global Resources
JOB TITLE : MATERIALS MANAGER
Location : Nigeria
Category : Logistics / Transportation
Job Description :
Responsible to manage all aspects of materials flow and to maintain control and accuracy over all goods inventories, including all transactions, procurement, planning, scheduling, cost, warehouse, receiving, and delivering to ensure that orders are fulfilled on time. This position is also responsible to develop and
manage all supplier relationships.
Consider best price, quality, availability, and reliability when purchasing products.
Ensure materials and parts in the supply chain meet the minimum requirements for quality.
Place purchase orders.
Develop policies and procedures in the areas of procurement, inventory control, receiving.
Maintain adequate supply levels throughout the hospital.
Coordinate the maintenance of supplies in the hospital in emergency situations.
Maintain sources of emergency supply items from other health facilities and vendors.
Request proposals from various manufacturers and distributors for all supplies.
Follow established safe practices for receiving hazardous substances.
• Develop, implement and manage cross-functional, fully integrated planning process that incorporates capacity planning, scheduling, inventory, material and associated cost elements.
• Performs analysis of in-house demand, sales forecasts and historical material usage to develop and build relationship with suppliers for timely and cost effective delivery of supplies.
• Establish and implement methods and best practices related to the systems and process that support inventory forecasting, purchasing, and material control.
• Identify, develop and manage effective relationships with existing and potential suppliers of goods and services to meet the established cost, quality and delivery targets.
• Establish, implement, and manage system to evaluate, monitor and report supplier scorecard performance.
• Adhere to established company policies, procedures, terms and conditions and legal matters that affect purchasing policies.
• Coordinate and work with medical and non-medical operations team to ensure 100% on-time delivery by establishing and monitoring schedule to proactively identify and address any issues.
• Responsible for accuracy of inventory counts by implementing and managing, in conjunction with Finance, an inventory control system, capable of identifying discrepancies in inventory counts and
taking corrective action to guard against inconsistencies in the future.
• Achieves financial objectives by working with management group to prepare the materials budget, schedule expenditures, analyze variances and initiate corrective actions.
• Collaborate with other heads of departments / end users and Quality assurance to achieve cost reduction targets,
assurance standards, storage and distribution, of supplies throughout the hospital requested to ascertain specifications and needed equipment throughout the hospital.
• Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by implementing, maintaining and aligning company policies that adhere to local, state and federal environmental, health and safety regulations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
• Maintain and provide current understanding of industry best practices and technology trends.
• Identify tools, processes and metrics to optimize supplier value.
• Leads by example and motivates people so as to create a challenging, empowering, and
collaborative working environment.
• Good technical writing, documentation, and record keeping skills.
• Bachelors degree in business, management or other related discipline.
• Masters in related field is a plus.
• Progressive experience in management of materials and sourcing within a healthcare setting (hospital / pharmaceutical).
Interested applicants should forward their CV to kgrjobs @ gmail.com
Application Deadline: 30th October, 2016