We are seeking a Public Health Analyst to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in transforming the future of technology and public health. This position will be located in Lagos, and will become part of the team that supports the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention. The qualified applicant will provide technical assistance and consultation in the design, development, and evaluation of surveillance systems to monitor State-level prevalence of behavioral risk factors associated with premature morbidity and mortality among adults. This position requires the ability to apply statistical and epidemiological principals to data analysis and research, preferably with experience in designing and conducting epidemiologic research using State-based data involving public health issues.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Analyzing, and interpreting using epidemiologic and surveillance data to reduce problems related to chronic disease behavioral risks factors or disability.
• Developing and evaluating surveillance and data collection activities.
• Generating hypotheses on the effects of environmental quality and public heath, and on the association between behavioral risk behaviors and chronic disease.
• Using data analysis results to write scientific papers for publications or for presentations in conferences.
• Planning and monitoring status of data analysis and public health research projects.
• Conducts data weighting and producing prevalence and summary reports for defined demographics.
• Prepares documentation and datasets for the dissemination on the internet.
To be considered for this position, the candidate must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Master’s Degree in International Public Health, Public Health, or Epidemiology.
• Experience designing and conducting epidemiologic research and data analysis using State-based data involving public health issues.
• Knowledge conducting data analysis and research and developing publications on the association between risk behaviors and chronic disease.
• Generating quality publications with major scientific findings for a variety of audiences.
• Experience with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
• A sound scientific background and the ability to effectively communicate with State program officials, scientists, data analysts, and epidemiologists in professional meetings.
• Interpersonal skill is required to develop and maintain constructive relationships that will enhance technical consultations with stakeholders and enable the successful completion of projects.
• Must be able to travel.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Agency/Employer: Kelstraud Global Resources
Town or City: Umuahia (Abia State)
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants should forward their detailed CV to kgrjobs @ gmail.com
NOTE: Only qualified candidates will be contacted for interview.
Application Deadline: 4th January, 2017