FARNOID INCOPERATED Job Vacancy for an Operations Manager
at Abia Jobs ,
FARNOID works to save the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. Farnoid currently conducts programs in various countries in Africa and Asia as well as in the United States.
Farnoid is known for sustainability, reliability, efficiency and the highest level of technical expertise in fighting and treating blindness and malnutrition. To accomplish its work, Farnoid builds the capacity of local governmental, civil society and private sector systems and infrastructure, and promotes the development of sustained, large-scale programs that deliver effective preventative and curative services for nutrition, eye health and neglected tropical diseases. The hallmark of the organization’s work is its proven effectiveness in developing, testing and scaling-up health interventions, and integrating them within government and community structures.
Farnoid Nigeria conducts programs nationwide and/or at regional and district level, in collaboration with the Nigerian government, local NGO’s and other national and international development partners in a.o. Vitamin A supplementation; Trachoma control; food fortification, and Infant and Young Child Feeding.
The position is based at the Farnoid Country office in Abia, with periodic visits to the field office in IMO.
Job Title: Operations Manager (Abia Nigeria)
Scope of the Position:
The Operations Manager reports directly to the Country Director and supports the efficient implementation of program activities/objectives by ensuring a high quality of performance for all program support functions - Finance, Human Resources, Administration, Procurement, Property Management, Vehicle Management, Information Technology and Security/Staff Safety.
As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) s/he will work in close collaboration with the Country Director to facilitate communications and information sharing across departments.
This position will also work closely with Regional and Headquarters teams in all areas of operations and finance, ensuring full compliance to Farnoid policies and procedures, donor regulations and policies and actively participates in the annual program planning and budgeting processes.
S/he will work to build the capacity of the Operations across the Farnoid Nigeria teams, ensuring strong internal controls, system development and strengthening and the equitable and consistent application of and compliance with policies and procedures.
Where appropriate, s/he will engage with donors, banks, contractors, government officials and other partners relating to financial and operational issues.
The Operations Manager directly supervises and ensures quality performance of one Finance Officer, three finance assistants and two Operations staff, provides technical oversight for the sub-office Administration and Finance Officer, and ensures quality performance of the wider operational team.
· Minimum 8 years of experience in managing support operation services for an international NGO, including 5+ years of international supervisory experience in developing countries, Nigeria and/or Africa in particular.
· Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CPA);
· Experience managing finance accounting software packages;
· Demonstrated experience in managing HR administrative services and labor law compliance issues;
· Practical experience developing/revising and/or adapting operations policies and procedures;
· Knowledge and experience managing compliance to diverse donors (USAID, DFID, etc,);
· Demonstrated Leadership and Management skills that effectively motivate staff and support team building;
· Well established and practiced organizational and planning skills;
· Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office and financial software;
· Experience with staff security and safety issues is desirable.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to farnoidincoperated @gmail.com
Send NAME, SEX, AGE, LOCATION, QUALIFICATION, PHONE NUMBER